Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Friday, June 26, 2015

Problem Solving


There are times when I worry about things: how they’re going to turn out, or how I’ll manage to solve a particular problem, or other thoughts of a similar nature.

Sometimes I need a gentle reminder that it’s not my job to worry this way, that all things are in the hand of God, and that he has ways working out problems and solutions that are far beyond anything I can figure out on my own.

Bluntly put, the lesson is this: I’m not in charge. I’m not the director. I’m not the problem solver. He is. And even when it looks like I’m the one solving the problem, it’s only because God has given me the insight or idea or solution.

Within the past two weeks, the Lord took care of two things I was fretting about, in two ways that I never imagined would come to pass. Wow.

“Lord, I believe. Help thou my unbelief.”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment