Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Monday, April 24, 2017

Gems from Saint Anselm

Monday, April 24, 2017
In the monastery we celebrate the feast of Saint Anselm today. One of the things I like about this feast is that the antiphons we use for the Divine Office are particularly beautiful. Many of them come directly from St. Anselm’s writings, and each is suitable food for meditation. I offer you the best of the lot:

“My Lord and my God who made me and late remade me, my soul longs for you.”

“From what generous love, from what loving generosity God’s compassion flows out to us.”

“Trust in God, for I am confident that the Lord will answer all your needs.”

“My God, I pray that I may so know and love you that I may rejoice in your forever.”

“O Christian soul, restored from the weight of death and redeemed by the blood of Christ from bondage, take heed and remember you are risen.”

“Enter into your soul’s inner chamber, and seek God with all your heart.”

“Hope of my heart, strength of my soul, help of my weakness! By your powerful kindness, O Lord, complete what in my weakness I attempt.”

God bless you!



No comments:

Post a Comment