Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Monday, April 10, 2017

Soul of Christ, Sanctify me

Monday, April 10, 2017
For the Offertory on Passion (Palm) Sunday, my schola sang a new piece of music based on an ancient prayer, and the monks have asked me to use it every year from now on. The music is called “Soul of Christ, Sanctify Me” by Philip W. J. Stopford and it is published by MorningStar Music Publishers. If you go to their website you can hear it there.

The prayer is known as the “Anima Christi” and in case you don’t know it or can’t remember it, I will put it here. It makes an excellent source of meditation during Holy Week and the Sacred Triduum. Here it is:

Anima Christi

Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
                “Today you shall be with me in Paradise.”
Blood of Christ, refresh me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
                “Today you shall be with me in Paradise.”
O good Jesus, hear me; within your wounds, hide me.
Let me never be separated from you; from the darkness defend me.
                “Today you shall be with me in Paradise.”
In the hour of my death, call me, and bid me come to you,
that with your saints I may praise you forever and forever.


God bless you!



No comments:

Post a Comment