Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Wednesday, August 16, 2017

A simple "rosary" prayer

Wednesday, August 16

In a homily this weekend, our Fr. Benedict offered us a very simple way to use the rosary for contemplative prayer, which I am pleased to pass on to you today.

Use a rosary, and as you move from bead to bead, simply say, “Jesus, help me,” or even simply the name of “Jesus.”

This came from a story about a nun ministering to a man who was near death. She spoke to him of Jesus and what He had done for us, and eventually, the man asked to be Baptized. On another day he asked to be taught how to say the rosary, and since the nun knew he was too weak at this point to learn the prayers (“Our Father,” “Hail Mary,” and “Glory be”), she suggested he do as I stated above.

I’ve been doing it since I heard the homily, and I find it a wonderful way to enter into a contemplative state. Perhaps it will help you as well.


God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment