Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Friday, March 4, 2011

Amazing Grace!

This is too beautiful to make up:
   I was directing a schola at a funeral this mornng which was very well attended. As I looked out over the congregation, I caught sight of a woman I haven't talked to in many, many years. We'd had a spat back around 1995, and as I looked at her I realized that I was way overdue  to let go of that grudge and the bad feelings that went with it. So I said a prayer and asked for help.
  Not two minutes after the end of the funeral, she walked up to me, gave me a big hug, and we stood chatting amiably for a while. Then a big hug and a cordial good-bye.
  Coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment