Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Saturday, March 26, 2011

Challenge for the day

Engage in some totally meaningless, spontaneous laughing. If you dare, try it when you're with friends. The benefits are worth the risk of looking silly. I assigned this to my students, and one reported:
I decided to experiment with this meaningless laughing by laughing outrageously loud when something only remotely funny occurred in the show I was watching. I actually really enjoyed the experiment because it made me really happy. The laughing somehow injected energy into my body almost like I had taken a happy pill. After laughing ridiculously loud throughout my 30 minute program I was ready to release my energy which I did by walking through the woods.
Go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment