Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Don't be like these people!

I’m a bit pressed for time today so this will be brief. I encourage you to read today’s Gospel for yourself: (Luke 7:31-35).

Here is my take on that passage. It seems to me that Jesus upbraids two different types of people.
The first type are those who fail to respond appropriately to whatever the circumstances call for. Quick example: You are joyful, and someone throws a pail of water over you; you are sorrowing and another is completely insensitive to your pain.

The second type are those who tend to find fault in any circumstance, especially when the people are involved are those they dislike. For proof of this, simply follow the trends in current American political discourse, or read the (ugh!) comments posted about almost any subject on Facebook or other websites. Or go back and read the Gospel.


Have a nice day. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment