Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Monday, September 25, 2017

Pause

Monday, September 25, 2017

Invariably, the topic for my daily reflection is given to me. I do the work of preparation which includes prayer and spiritual reading; I write in my journal (which I strongly recommend); I ask for guidance; I watch and wait. Sometimes it comes very quickly. Sometimes it takes longer, which is why some of my reflections are posted later in the day. Often it comes from unexpected sources. Thank you, Lord.

For today’s reflection I offer you something that I saw posted on Facebook. I hope you find it as helpful as I do.

Practice the pause. When in doubt, pause. When angry, pause. When tired, pause. When stressed, pause. And when you pause, pray.


Have a nice day! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment