Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Friday, September 11, 2015

HELP!

HELP!!!!
With this one simple one-word prayer, the spiritual life begins in earnest.

I know I cannot do this by myself; I know that I don’t know how to walk a spiritual journey. I know that no matter how hard I have tried, I have been unable to get control over a certain weakness or temptation that assails me.

I also know that my God is there to help me and that my God is all-powerful. The simple one-word prayer becomes a 4-word prayer: “I can’t; you can.”

Once I know that, I can find peace. The more I can enter into that prayer and actually become that prayer, the more liberation from worry becomes a part of my existence.


to be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment