Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A fool is caught in his own words.

. . . or something like that. I couldn't find the exact quote.

IMHO     Have you ever noticed how some of our most outspoken congressmen tell us more about themselves than about the issues they sound off about? They should just open their mouths and shout: "Hey, everyone! I am a bigot!" "Hey, everyone, I am appallingly ignorant and believe everything I think even though I'm not very good at thinking!" 
   BUT, people who are ignorant or bigoted (two t's?) agree with them and vote for them. That's why they're congressmen. God help us!
   BUT then again, whenever I read history I discover that this has always been true of so many politicians, and somehow we've managed to survive.
   BUT then again, the same thing applies to some radio talk show hosts, and they are popular with the unthinking masses.
   BUT then again, it also applies to a lot of preachers or self-appointed demigogues.

And then again it's probably true of all of us, myself included, but today I just wanted to sound off about legislators today after reading a few news items.

No comments:

Post a Comment