Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Monday, February 7, 2011

Some things are left to be mysteries.

   There are several issues going on in my life that I simply don't understand. There are several issues going on in my life that don't make any sense to me at all. And decisions have been made in some matters that I disagree with, sometimes strongly. Grrrrr. . . . 
   I'll bet you can say the same thing. And I wouldn't be surprised if you, like me, have some theories about why these things are the way they are. But theories are not facts, and sometimes I forget that.
   I have learned after years of struggle, that I simply have to "let them be," recognize and admit that they are beyond my grasp at the moment, and surrender them until God chooses to enlighten me.

   This has brought me not a small measure of peace. I'm not saying I am able to do it all the time, but when I do, I am at peace.

   How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Well, I can say one thing.... today, just about at the time you went "under the knife" I began to have an anxiety attack, very strong, scared feelings that make no sense what so ever. For some reason (another phenomena) I went to your blog. And here lied my, al-be-it, temporary, PEACE. Even when you are under the knife, you help me Fr. Bede. Thank you

    ReplyDelete