Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Friday, February 4, 2011

A quiet drive

A student writes,
I usually drive with my music obnoxiously loud, but the other day I decided to find out what it’s like without the music blaring. I found myself driving completely quiet, completely enjoying my time in the car on the highway. I was thinking about nothing in particular, just the excitement of seeing my family and my dog, but mostly I just watched other cars drive by me and town exits go by. I found myself being completely content with myself just being with myself, no radio distractions and no people around.

No comments:

Post a Comment