Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Tuesday, September 27, 2016

12 love-notes from God


1. Be with me; as St. Anselm said, enter into your inner chamber, where you are alone with me and yet not alone at all. Hide yourself with me, and even in the midst of storms and trials and oppressions, for a time you are free from all of that, and hidden, and safe, and forever loved.

2. Look to the crucifix and see how much I love you, and know you need to anything to earn or deserve my love; it is there for you in all circumstances and at all times. My love and my forgiveness from you flow from the crucifix as surely as blood and water flowed from my side
.
3. My love for you is greater than anything you can figure out. Just open yourself an accept it as the fundamental reality of your existence; you are one-who-is-to-be-loved.

4. You can speak to me and tell me even your deepest, darkest most shameful secrets; I will not even flinch because the truth is that I already know them and they have not stopped my love from flowing into you and healing you from their existence and from the consequences of their existence. My love triumphs over any darkness that is in you, if only you would allow it.

5. I am always looking out for you. I send my angels to guard you and protect you and watch for you, and they protect you from dangers and pitfalls that you are never aware of, and that you will only realize at the end of time.

6. Carry me with you; carry me in your body as you receive the gift of My body and blood; carry me in your heart and in your soul. Rely on me; wherever you go, let everything around you be anointed with My love.

7. I love you because I am Love; that is My nature and My being. Become the person that I can pour My love into you ceaselessly and in unfathomable abundance.

8. I redeem you; I save you; I rescue you; I protect you; I empower you; I am the ground of your being. Be conscious of this and claim the gifts I am dying to pour out upon you. Gifts I have died that I may pour them upon you.

9. Your neediness is met by the overabundance of My love, and My love for you continues to expand and enrich itself in you when you allow Me.

10. I have set you free. My Spirit, which is the power of My love, will be with you always. In My Spirit you and I are linked forever, soulmates always in the verge of disovering something new about My love for you.

11. I send you tears as My gift when you are contrite and when you are overwhelmed by a deeper understanding of my love. I dry your tears that are the result of painful things that have happened in your life. Always and everywhere, give me your tears and let me heal them.

12. If you could surrender to me totally, I would give you the whole world. You are frustrated because you do not have the words that can say enough about My love; be at peace: in accepting my love, you say everything that you are meant to say.


God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment