Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Saturday, January 8, 2011

1/5/11 About Prayer

Sometimes, in the life of faith it is the simple things that matter. The other day I had to deal with a frustrating situation that I didn't know how to deal with.
Early this morning I was sitting in my recliner reading when my thoughts again turned to the unresolved situation. I found myself staring at an icon known as "Jesus the Teacher" and asked him, "What should I do about this matter?" Ninety minutes later, I had an idea about a possible solution, acted on it, and everything was settled simply and easily. "Thank you, Lord. Thank you especially for reminding me to ask for help."

No comments:

Post a Comment