Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Thursday, January 27, 2011

Breaking through doubt.

I just finished reading a pile of letters that my creativity students wrote for me. A few of them said that they were skeptical or doubtful about the course since it is so different from other "traditional" courses thye have taken. But each of them laid aside whatever hesitation or objections they had and plunged on right ahead.

And guess what happened? Each one of them discovered that the material in the course is both valuable and helpful. Their personal experience was able to help them put their doubts to rest. Good for them!

It is so common that our thoughts about a thing prevent us from being open to learning or benefitting from what is new or different. The students laid aside their thoughts and were rewarded by seeing a whole new world.

I pray that our politicians will learn to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment