Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Monday, January 17, 2011

Opinons, Part One of a series (maybe)

We'll keep this simple today, even though I'm probably only saying what you already know. What I really want to say to start off is that opinions are not facts. Just because we think it is so does not mean it is so.
A lot of people don't seem to realize this. And most of us get so sucked into someone else's opinion, that we make it our own without taking a careful look at it and finding out for ourselves. This happens especially when we listen to loud-mouthed pundits, talk show hosts and would-be politicians. Be careful.

OK, this got more complex than I thought it would be. And, of course, these are only my opinions. Make up your own mind about what I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment