Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Saturday, January 15, 2011

Smart Phone Idiocy

     So there I was yesterday in Boston, walking down the stairs to the T platform (red line), when I saw that the train was already at the station discharging passengers. If I hurried I could make it. So I tried. But there was a young guy in front of me who was walking very slowly and tentatively down the stairs and I couldn't get past him. Why was he walking slowly, you might ask? Because he was  reading.something.on.his.smart.phone!!!! and was oblivious to what was going on around him, not even noticing that the train was there just within reach if he would only pick up the pace.
     At least he wasn't driving a car at 70 mph. Those damn phones can be dangerous.
     I missed the train, by the way. Had to wait another 15 minutes. Thank God the train operator wasn't looking at his smart phone or he might have missed the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment