Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Thursday, July 2, 2015

I will lead the blind.


“I will lead the blind on their journey.

By paths unknown I will guide them.”

(Isaiah 42)

A few months ago I was praying for things to turn out a certain way. Well, they didn’t. And so, once again, like so many other times in my life, I am walking on ground I have not walked on before. Just like Abraham, and Moses, and the Blessed Mother, and the apostles, and so many of the saints, and in the lives of countless ordinary people who have been led in directions they never would have planned for or predicted or perhaps even wanted.

It is sacred ground we are traveling. As I’ve said so many times before, it is simply our task to keep going and to bow before the mystery, and, above all, to place our trust in the One who alone is worthy of all our trust.

May the Lord continue to guide you.

No comments:

Post a Comment