Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Friday, July 3, 2015

Who are we in God's eyes?


Who are we in God’s eyes?

My sense of who I am in God’s eyes is being simplified as I settle into retirement. It is being stripped of things which I once thought were so important: productivity, accomplishment, projects, plans, hopes and dreams, or what I am “worth” in the eyes of others.

Actually I’m getting closer to the truth of things during this process, a truth which has always been there but which had been hidden beneath all the stuff which doesn’t matter so much any more.

 I must confess, however, that part of me is hoping that I will be led to doing something wonderful, so it’s obvious that the process of purification is only just beginning. And even if I do end up doing something wonderful, that will not make me appear any bigger, more important, more perfect or more loveable in God’s eyes. I already have that all, and so do you. More about this next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment