Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Sunday, January 17, 2016

Everything you need

I am interrupting my series of reflections on “Signs that you’re having a spiritual awakening” to share with you a reflection I had last night after meditation and again this morning. Take what you can from it and leave the rest behind.

It’s really very simple, having just a few points:

·         God is continually giving me everything I need.
·         That means there is no need for me to ask for anything for myself. My intercessory prayer can be devoted to others.
·         And since God continually gives me everything I need, if there is something I think I need or want that I do not have, it is because I don’t really need it. So I can rest in peace.

Have a blessed day!



No comments:

Post a Comment