Spirituality for Beginners

Fr. Bede's almost-daily reflections. When it comes to the spiritual life, we're all beginners. I also send these out by email. Contact me at bcamera@anselm.edu. God bless!





Monday, May 23, 2016

Morning prayer: embraced by love

At Morning Prayer this morning I felt embraced by God’s love, especially when we were singing the Antiphons. (An antiphon is a brief verse, usually from the psalm which follows, which we use to introduce each psalm, and then repeat at the end.) Anyway, here are the antiphons from our morning office which were such a blessing to me. I pray they may also be a source of blessing to you:

·         My God is the rock where I take refuge, my shield, my mighty help, my stronghold.
·         Long life to the Lord, my rock. Praised be the God who saves me.
·         I bind myself to do your will. Lord, do not disappoint me.
·         O Lord, I love the house where you dwell, the place where your glory abides.
·         The Lord has robed me with grace and salvation.
·         O King of glory, purify the hearts of those who seek your face.
·         O Loving Kindness of the heart of our God, visit us like the dawn from on high.
Pick one or two of these to carry with you throughout this day.


God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment